Best Places to Celebrate Christmas in Delhi
“We are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas time.” ―Laura Ingalls Wilder
It is that time of the year again when there is a slight nip in the air, comfortable foodies and blankets have started coming out and there is nothing likes ending the day with a cup of steaming hot chocolate. It is so hard to accept the fact that a year is coming to an end already. Time flies and it will soon be time for another new beginning. This year ending scenario definitely comes with a beautiful silver lining the one that we all look forward to through the entire year.
The months of November and December are some of the most exciting months of the year. Celebrations of all kinds are planned around this time frame so that we can end the beautiful year with a bang.
The date, 25th December is that one day that the child within us peeks out of ourselves. Amongst the daily monotonous routines of life, Christmas comes like a savior to save us all from the year-end drudgery. Christmas is that time of the year when everything seems to be magical.
Nights get colder, smiles get bigger and our overall mood gets better. With the very onset of the wintry winds, plans for the Christmas Eve starts coming to a character.
Celebrating Christmas in Delhi is possibly one of the best decisions that you can ever take. Delhi Christmas is something completely new and unique that transforms our capital to a whole new place. With beautiful lights, decked up Christmas trees and pretty decorations everywhere, Delhi puts on an entirely new costume that gets the festive season going.
There are various places that are absolutely perfect for celebrating Christmas in Delhi. Thus, here we are to help to pick the best places to celebrate Christmas in Delhi:
- The Imperial: Taking a vacation in the festive season of Christmas is a wonderful idea. But sometimes so happens that with the overload of work at the yearend does not allow us to take a long vacation where we can relax and have a laid back time with family and friends. This year, the Imperial has taken this scenario into consideration and have come up with a beautiful staycation idea that you can enjoy. The Imperial is hosting a wonderful Christmas party in Delhi that you cannot miss. If you want a day to yourself to spend quality time with a close one and have an overall unwinding session, here is your chance to do so. The hotel has arranged for a luxurious staycation offer for their guests that includes a night’s stay at the hotel, an exciting Christmas menu for dinner, complimentary breakfast and even interesting surprises for kids. The Imperial thus has something for everyone and therefore offers you to spend your Christmas 2019 in Delhi with style.
- Sacred Heart Cathedral: How is a Christmas Eve even complete without visiting a Church? The church on Christmas showcases the best traditional version of the celebration. One can be a part of events and parties every other week throughout the year but celebrating Christmas in the most traditional way gives us the insight to understand the culture of the festival to its roots. On Christmas Eve, go ahead and be a part of the Eucharist mass at the biggest church in Delhi. The Sacred Heart Cathedral celebrates Christmas with all the pomp and shows that it will make your heart leap with joy. Be a part of the candle lighting ceremony and get to experience Christmas carols in Delhi. You will also get an amazing chance to end the night with a delectable serving of cake and coffee that will just act as the cherry on top of the cake.
- Unplugged Courtyard: This is without a doubt one of the most happening places in Delhi right now. It has been quite a popular place and has been the talk of the town for all the right reasons. Unplugged Courtyard organizes massive mouth-watering lunch menus that will not only satiate your taste buds but will also make you want more. They also have a series of delicious mocktails and cocktails that are blended to achieve the right balance. It is, therefore, a great place to have Christmas brunch Delhi 2019. The place also organizes live music performances which is a great addition to the overall experience.
- German House: This place has to be one of the best places to visit near Delhi for Christmas. It is a beautiful event that is organized by the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce. There is an array of fun and exciting activities that are planned as a part of the Christmas Eve Parties. These activities give you a chance to celebrate your Christmas in a different way. It offers to take part in various creative and recreational deeds that will make your Christmas unique. Indulge in the delicious variants of the authentic plum cake, collect various Christmas trinkets, sing carols and even use your creative side to make a gingerbread house.
- Sky Lounge: This is one of the best places to celebrate Christmas party in Delhi 2019. The sky lounge in Delhi has come up with a unique party idea this Christmas eve. Parties are easily a common practice amongst the youth of the 21st century. Parties are still relevant for special occasions but in order to make a party unique especially during occasions like Christmas, there has to be a twist. Sky Lounge has therefore taken the responsibility to make your Christmas party and New Year Party in Delhi 2019 unique. They have come up with an all white theme in the lounge and bar area. Every decor piece to the entire celebration will reflect the color white. Themes are always interesting and give out a chance to enhance the creative side of you. The open area of this restaurant has a beautiful pool and the open sky and the stars at night add a wonderful vibe to Christmas Eve. The live music, delicious food and drinks and the overall ambiance of the place is nothing short of magical.